Class Act Gentlemen's Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where a man can be a man

+5
The Rebirth
Meow
Karl
K$tu
KCLU
9 posters

Scott Pilgrim and the Expendables

Scott Pilgrim and the Expendables Empty Scott Pilgrim and the Expendables

Post  Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm going to see Scott Pilgrim tomorrow I think. I'm a fan of the comic, but I'm not sure about the Expendables. I've seen some pretty awful reviews, but if its going for the same feel as say Commando or Rambo, the bar isn't too high for me.
    KCLU
    KCLU
    Admin

Scott Pilgrim and the Expendables Empty Re: Scott Pilgrim and the Expendables

Post  KCLU Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:56 am

does anyone else just go see movies sometimes? I almost never see movies in a theater.
    K$tu
    K$tu

Post  K$tu Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:17 am

I haven't been to a theater in such a long time!! But I think the only good movies I might have missed this Summer were Inception & Get Him to The Greek...
    KCLU
    KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:43 am

yeah, I'd have seen them, but only if someone asked me. I'd never feel compelled to.
    Karl
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:45 am

i like going to the movie theater. i'll see movies in the theater that i'd never watch at home. which is kinda nuts cause it costs so much.

i love to have a movie theater around that actually plays great movies, though.
    Meow
    Meow
    Admin

Post  Meow Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 am

Going to the theatre is fun.. there are some movies that I'd only see in theatre such as The Expendables and some other hardcore action movies like that that aren't actually that good. I haven't read any reviews on The Expendables yet, but I think if it's going for the sort of mindless action packed thing that Rambo and the like are going for, I'd check it out.
    Karl
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 pm

did you end up seeing this, Nick? supposedly its pretty good.
    Meow
    Meow
    Admin

Post  Meow Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:17 pm

According to his facebook he did end up going to see it, and he liked it!
    The Rebirth
    The Rebirth

Post  The Rebirth Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:08 pm

It was incredible. I can't even put into words how good I thought Scott Pilgrim was besides prior to this when I said it was incredible.
    KCLU
    KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:05 pm

okay, I'd go see Scott Pilgrim.
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 am

what about the expendables, looks pretty ridiculous, nick did you see this
    pretzelman4000

Post  pretzelman4000 Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Scott Pilgrim was awesome!!! if you like video games, comics, or are at all a geek (which i'm sure most of us are) then you will like this movie. also, Inception was really good on the big screen...i have no friends down here so i'm actually at the movie theater quite a bit and i enjoy it.
    Steve-o
    Steve-o

Post  Steve-o Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:50 am

I need motivation to go the movies, netflix kills the theater for me. I have so many movies to catch up on. It took me 8 years to see forest gump.
    The Rebirth
    The Rebirth

Post  The Rebirth Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:34 am

You need to stay off this part of the forum Steve.
    KCLU
    KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:45 am

time for the Forrest Gump thread
    Badge
    Badge

Post  Badge Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Nobody here will see The Expendables with me. It's a sad day when everyone thinks they're too good to see an action packed shit fest and enjoy it for what it is.
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Badge wrote:Nobody here will see The Expendables with me. It's a sad day when everyone thinks they're too good to see an action packed shit fest and enjoy it for what it is.

i love shitty action movies
    Karl
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm

yeah, i'm into seeing shitty action movies. there is a certain type of action movie that knows what it wants to be and is good at it and i like that sort.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am