Class Act Gentlemen's Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where a man can be a man

+4
DopeMasterJFlow
David McSingleton
Karl
KCLU
8 posters

whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here

KCLU
    KCLU
    Admin

whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here Empty whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here

Post  KCLU Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Karl
    Karl
    Admin

whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here Empty Re: whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here

Post  Karl Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:23 pm

i'm gonna completely ignore the "first time" part of this topic and just post stuff that blew my mind

Last edited by Karl on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Karl
    Karl
    Admin

whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here Empty Re: whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here

Post  Karl Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm

but if i do happen to listen to something for the first time and it blows my mind i will post it here.

i could've sworn i downloaded that wareika album a long time ago but i can't find it now.
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Karl wrote:i'm gonna completely ignore the "first time" part of this topic and just post stuff off that blew my mind

i almost posted them tonight, ive known about them for a while but never really listened until tonight and needless to say my mind was blown, very good stuff but i decided to go another rout and another post will reveal....
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Everyone already knows them., but after a bottle of wine these beats took the cake and me by surprise... the only question left was "CAN YOU GET FUNKY"

(for some reason i cant post pic)

its AFRIKA BAMBAATAA - PLANET ROCK
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:43 pm

whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here Images10

anyone half way to a threeway???
    DopeMasterJFlow
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 am

David McSingleton wrote:whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here Images10

anyone half way to a threeway???
    ^That is a great one
    DopeMasterJFlow
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 am

Jeff Mills - Metropolis 2
    whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here 16171

This record evokes some really cool imagery / feelings for me. When I listen to it, I feel like I'm some sort of giant who is observing this fast human civilization blur by like hurried little ants.
    Karl
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 am

oh fuck yes that Jeff Mills ep is awesome. i love techno that makes me feel like a robot samurai.
    Karl
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:32 am

Afrika Bambaataa is awesome, too. which reminds me...

mind-blowing robots

Lars
    Lars

Post  Lars Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 pm

this. probably alone on this one. but eh.

The Number 12 Looks Like You - Grandfather

This after Erik had the kindness to show it to me.

Probably something all have seen but it made very strange impact on me.
    K$tu
    K$tu

Post  K$tu Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:44 pm

;_; <3<3<3 (first time i've heard it accompanied by those visuals) + bonus corny text in papyrus

Last edited by Karl on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KCLU
    KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:37 pm

that is so close to how I visualize music when I'm trying to figure out how it works.

similar:

Piano-Phase (Steve Reich, 1967) Visualization from Photophonics on Vimeo.

Karl
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 pm

not the first time i've heard it, but i just wanted to post it here b/c its mind-blowing, trust me.
    Posydon
    Posydon

Post  Posydon Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Karl wrote:

not the first time i've heard it, but i just wanted to post it here b/c its mind-blowing, trust me.

damn i love that song. havent heard it in a good while
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 pm

whenever you listen to something for the first time and it blows your mind, post it here Folder10

ricardo villalobos - AchSo

...wish i was stoned for this...but mind still blown Happy Matt
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Posydon wrote:
    Karl wrote:

damn i love that song. havent heard it in a good while

mind....bl..owing....
    Karl
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 pm

yessss, both Villalobos and Uusitalo (which is the same guy as Luomo) sound sooooo good while under the influence. also if you're just in the right setting. love listening to stuff like that while driving at night.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm