Class Act Gentlemen's Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where a man can be a man

4 posters

Wisconsin and Beer

DopeMasterJFlow
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Wisconsin and Beer Empty Wisconsin and Beer

Post  DopeMasterJFlow Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 pm

I just met with people in my class over beer(s) on the terrace and it dawned on me how intimate beer and the culture here are. We were drinking a local microbrew (New Glarus Brewing Company) and I offered to buy the next pitcher. I asked if there were any preferences and someone said "just make sure you get a real beer". I brought them a pitcher of Two hearted ale for $11. During the course of the conversation, this girl was telling me how she ran a marathon of something like 13 miles and at the end they were literally serving people bud light...and people were drinking it after running 13 miles for refreshment.

I found it hilarious and strange and beautiful and figured I'd share it with you guys. It's hard to describe how huge beer and cheese and meat are here. Another point during the convo was that there is literally a dairy department and a meat department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where they sample and test edible meat and cheese from local farms and produce raised on campus. In fact they have rib cook outs every week and sell all types of meat and cheese at discount prices to students.
    K$tu
    K$tu

Wisconsin and Beer Empty Re: Wisconsin and Beer

Post  K$tu Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 pm

hungry man's dream
    Happy Matt Happy Matt Happy Matt Happy Matt

What seems to be the beer/cheese/meat of greatest distinction?
    DopeMasterJFlow
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Lol Kstu, you will forever be the hungry man in my eyes.

As far the beer/cheese/meats goes; I don't know if I'm qualified to comment on distinction after only living here for 20 odd days. I can tell you the most popular though. If you are going to eat cheese at a restaurant here it's going to be cheese curds. It's basically scrap from making cheese that they fry up and serve as an appetizer. They are addictive, unhealthy, and amazing. The local beer is, without question, New Glarus' spotted cow. Its a really smooth and sorta sweet wheat/corn beer. In fact, as far as I hear, you can't even buy it outside of Wisconsin.

Spotted cow is pretty good, but it's not amazing. It's the type of beer you could drink all night but at the same time not get sick of it. Like Yuengling, but lighter and with more flavor.

Meat?? I think all of the above answers that question.
    K$tu
    K$tu

Post  K$tu Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:48 pm

I was walking around in the back section of Winn Dixie when I noticed this girl walking around a corner in front of me with an apron on & a huuuuuuuge ghetto butt. There were bright red stains on the front of her apron so I think she worked in the meat department. But her ass was so fucking big, and in a good way too.
    DopeMasterJFlow
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:58 pm

K$tu wrote:I was walking around in the back section of Winn Dixie when I noticed this girl walking around a corner in front of me with an apron on & a huuuuuuuge ghetto butt. There were bright red stains on the front of her apron so I think she worked in the meat department. But her ass was so fucking big, and in a good way too.

hahahaha wtf. God damnit stewart, I miss your random stories
    Meow
    Meow
    Admin

Post  Meow Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:28 am

Good beer, meat, and cheese are synonymous with good times.
    David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:11 am

sounds awesome man, wish tampa had that kind of relationship with food and culture, all we have is cuban sandwiches Unhappy Matt

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:36 am