Class Act Gentlemen's Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where a man can be a man

+2
The Rebirth
Newmantopia
6 posters

Fiberoptic broadband in Australia

Newmantopia
    Newmantopia

Fiberoptic broadband in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fiberoptic broadband in Australia

Post  Newmantopia Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Meow wrote:
    That's cool, I still think it's a very minor point in technology's future compared to cloud computing, vm, and the like.

No doubt about cloud computing being major. I just found the statement about video conferencing being unimportant somewhat absurd!

David McSingleton
    David McSingleton

Fiberoptic broadband in Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fiberoptic broadband in Australia

Post  David McSingleton Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 am

found this article on internet, goes to show how retarded our ISP's services and prices are

"You could well be a pro at getting virtual headshots, but without a decent internet connection, your shooting is just as good as a baby weeing aimlessly at the ceiling. As such, Demon -- which may or may not be a hint about the operator -- reckons some obsessed gamers wouldn't mind switching over to its £21.99 ($34.19) per month Game Pro service, in return for a low latency ADSL2+ broadband connection of up to 20Mbps downstream and 1Mbps upstream. Sure, this is hardly a bargain compared to other 20Mbps offerings, but with traffic prioritization, a static IP address, and 24-hour support all in the box, you might actually start winning for a change."

so basically they are saying that paying 34 bucks a month for 20 mb internet isnt a bargain for them. wtf!! i would murder to get that price.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm